Sales Representative, West Coast and Canada
I bring a good deal of experience to the board from a diverse background both within and outside of the wind/watersports industry. I was raised on the east coast where I spent summers teaching sailing and windsurfing as a teenager. Obviously, the natural progression was from there to landscape architecture and on to finance in New York City, where I spent 7 years working as an options specialist. Throughout my time on Wall Street I was always drawn to the water, using most vacation days in Hatteras or the Caribbean. I wisely invested the money I saved working finance in an old sailboat, on which I sailed to California to work with my brother and his business partner when they opened a kiteboarding shop in San Diego. Once there I helped as a shop manager, a kite instructor, and I oversaw the development of a sail repair loft. It was also my project to branch the shop into SUP, for which I managed both sales and a school/rental program.
Sales Manager for North America-Trident and Field Event Manager for North America-Trident. Dream Team International team member with Signature Board for Starboard.
- Co-Founder and CEO of Board of Missoula, Montana’s first snowboard shop 1989-1996
- Designed and field tested several paddle shapes from the popular Adventure Technology bent shaft paddle which still sells today to a good majority of the shapes in Werner Paddles Sup lineup.
- 8 Years Sales Representative experience. Best achievement was taking my territory of 350K to 1.4 Mil in 4 years.
- Dozens of top finishes in snowboarding, kayaking, kiteboarding, and sup though out my career.
- 4 Time National Whitewater Stand Up Paddle Champ (Colorado 2008-2012)
- 4 Time GoPro Mtn Games SUP Sprint Champion
- Professional Announce and emcee at paddling events and live webcast hosting
- Professional Photographer with images published in catalogs and magazines in the paddling industry
- Professional Videographer Produced and edited The Ultimate Guide to Stand Up Paddling
- US Distributor for SUPSKIN drysuits with signature model for 2015
- Signature Board with Starboard Standup Paddleboard’s 2014, 2015, 2016 (2 more boards and a whitewater paddle)
- World known as a pioneer for whitewater freestyle kayaking and whitewater sup
- Participated in over 150 SUP competitions
- ACA Level 1-2 SUP Instructor Certified
- ACA Level 3 SUP Whietwater SUP Instructor Certified
- WSUPA Instructor Trainer
- 19 years of attendance to Outdoor Retailer (multiple kayak brands, paddle brands, starboard)
- 7 years attending Surf Expo
Kite Sales & Service
Pacific Boardsports, LLC
My name is Mike Duhaime and I am 29 years old. I grew up and spent most of my life in Orlando, FL. In Florida I really got into wakeboarding, skateboarding and surfing until I learned how to kite in 2007. I was a kite instructor for about a year and eventually it lead me to the Gorge to work at a ski resort and attempt to break in to the kiteboarding industry. I was able to get a position with Naish Kiteboarding packing boxes and helping out with anything possible kite related. Almost 4 years later I am now the kiteboarding sales manager for North America and I love my job. I really enjoy the Hood River, and the people and activities that come along with it. I participate on the board of directors for the Columbia Gorge Kiteboarding Association and have a passion for Kiteboarding, SUP, and all other boardsports. I think being involved with the ASWI would be a great chance to create more relationships in the industry while supporting a great organization that advocates the advancement of the sports I love.